Thursday, March 13, 2008

Seattle

Well, we are officially here in Seattle. Actually, Olivia's been here and I got here Friday, but we unloaded the truck yesterday into a storage unit yesterday. It is sad to me that that is where my stuff will stay for the next year or so, but it's what has to happen right now. I'm sorry for the lack of posts and the lack of pictures. I can't upload anything on my mom's work laptop and the home computer upstairs is slow and I haven't ventured up there to attempt anything. I realize I probably really have nothing but time, but I feel like I have no time most of the time!

So, in an effort to meet people....someone....anyone, I went to institute on Tuesday. Can I just say: B-L-E-A-K? Seriously, not only was everyone in the 18 to just-got-off-my-mission age, there were very few prospects of even friendship - and trust me when I say I am looking for NOTHING more than that right now. Six. That's how many people were at institute, inluding myself: six. And if I had to hear that goober over there say, "When I was on my mission...." one more time, I was about to take the desk I was sitting at monopoly-style and toss it upside down and scream, "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!" Okay, a little dramatic, I realize, but it was truly awful. So, I am back to chillin' with my parents and meeting no one.

I went to a salon and had my hair shampooed as a ploy to see if I like the salon and would be interested in pursuing employment there. It was nice. Of course they're not hiring, but I am going to turn in an application anyway and hope that they will want to hire me based on my credentials. We'll see.

My other debate for the week is whether or not I should go to the Single Adult dance on Friday. Alone. Scary. I really want to meet people my age (I would rather the 30-45 range than the 18-30 range based on Tuesday night's debacle). Clearly, in a family ward, that's not going to happen. I am so frustrated, sad, angry, annoyed, scared that I have to do this again. By myself. Grrrrr. Okay, I'm sorry for the rant. I promise next post will be more positive and will include pictures of Olivia, who by the way, is doing great!! Hopefully, there will be news of a friend by then!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Good luck pal.

Being in a new place by yourself is hard. I hated Colorado when I first moved here.

There is about a .03% chance I would go to a singles dance alone. If you do, you're braver than I am.

Stephanie said...

GO!!! If it's horrible you can always sneak out the back door!

Josh n Betsie said...

good luck! I wouldn't go by myself but you are way more outgoing than I am. Hopefully you dont meet anyone creepy.
I am so glad you made it there safe. I can't wait to see pictures of Olivia and you.
Way sneaky at getting your hair done. Hopefully you can find a good job and meet some friends there also.

Sheri said...

You are so great at meeting people and making friends, I'm sure you'll figure out the best route soon. Hope all goes well.
Sheri

Anonymous said...

Don't rush anything. You need time to grieve and work through all your emotions right now. Speaking from experience, please trust me when I say it does get easier. My suggestion is for you to just relax and get to know yourself better.

Jenny

{irene} said...

You are so cool Kathu that you will have no problems making friends over there, but it takes time...just relax,enjoy the new start and let things happen....they will happen!...love you and miss you!