Monday, March 17, 2008

A Glimmer of Hope

Alright, I swear next time I post I will put up pictures. I promise. I just had to post and let everyone know that I got a job! It's very exciting for me. I am working at the salon I worked at when Matt and I first got married. It's called Lorinda's. I am starting as a Signature Designer, which is great. I am so grateful that Lorinda is willing to take all of my education and hard work since I've been gone into consideration for my position.
My interview on Saturday was really funny to me. After she reviewed my application, she asked when I wanted to start working and I said as soon as possible, thinking, "Monday or Tuesday would be great". And she said, "How about today?". So I stayed and worked and did a bang trim with someone else's shears, a pedicure (which requires only salon equipment), and a blowdry with someone else's dryer. It was really fun, actually. I love all the girls I met and it was great to see the few that I worked with before. So, I am now fully employed, which feels great.
On the bad side of things, I have to find a daycare for Olivia. To make matters worse, she threw up last night, so I'm kind of skittish about taking her around town to look for a daycare today. Hopefully it was one of those she-just-threw-up-once-and-it-was-so-weird kind of things. I'll keep you posted on that, too. I'm off to breakfast-fixing.

8 comments:

Kristen M said...

Hooray! That is great news. Good luck finding a daycare for Olivia, and I hope she feels better. :) Love ya!

Stephanie said...

Horray for you! Can't wait to see new pictures of Olivia!

{irene} said...

Congratulations on the job girl!!!!...and poor Olivia...she will be fine!

Anonymous said...

So does that mean you'll be moving back to Mill Creek? Maybe I need a new hair stylist . . .

Jenny

Roger That said...

Kathy, Oh my gosh I just got caught up on your life and am still in shock! I am so glad you are doing so great. I love Seattle. I am glad your with your parents and excited about your job. Keep us "posted" on your new life in Seattle:0

Cianne said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are settled in Seattle. I've thought about you and prayed for you. I'm so relieved to hear how well you are doing. But I am sure you have some really hard moments as well. I would love to talk to you. Please email me your phone number. Hooray for your job! Yea for cute Olivia, she really is beautiful. Take Care.

andrea said...

Hooray on your job. You are so talented. I wish your parents still lived here so I could have access to you and your skills.

Hope you are doing OK. Hopefully you will be able to meet some people as time goes on.

Anonymous said...

Good for you. You are a very brave woman. I know you will be blessed to find just the right place for Olivia and they will love her and take good care of her so you don't have to worry so much. I remember those days of having my kids in daycare. All my love to ya.